Buda Water Damage Restoration
Providing Emergency Service to San Marcos, New Braunfels, and the Surrounding Area
If your home or business has been affected by flooding, you need to act quickly to minimize the amount of water damage. Regardless of the source of the water, our team of Buda, Kyle & New Braunfels water damage restoration experts at W.B. Arthur can help if you are dealing with water damage. We are trained in all the steps of the restoration of water damage is a process, from extraction and clean-up to damage repair. Our technicians understand the importance of working rapidly to avoid further destruction.
We handle the following with care and dedication:
- Water extraction
- Inspection and damage assessment
- Damaged material removal
- Structure drying
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Replacement of damaged construction materials
Need water damage restoration services? Call (512) 866-8744 or use our online form right now for a free estimate.
4 Helpful Steps to Restore Your Home After a Flood
When a flood occurs or any sort of water damage, homeowners are usually worried about their home being restored as quickly as possible. As important as it is to clean up and replace damaged carpet, your first thought should be making sure your home is safe.
If water damage isn't addressed, this could create the perfect environment for mold to grow. With mold it will cause poor indoor air quality and can cause sneezing, red eyes and a runny nose as well. Acting quickly in this situation is important, this helps prevent further water damage as well as stops mold from growing. Here are 3 helpful steps to begin getting your home back to normal,
- Contact your Insurance company - Your first phone call should be to your home insurance company. You'll need to know what your home is covered for. Remember, not all types of water damage may be covered, however. In the event of a disaster, it is important to consult the specific terms of your insurance policy to determine if you are eligible to file a water damage claim.
- Call a clean up company - At W.B. Arthur, we not only specialize in water damage restoration, we also provide expert carpet cleaning services as well as structural drying to ensure your home is safe and completely restored.
- Damaged material removal - With our expert water damage restoration team, we make sure to remove any sort of damaged material. Whether it be, drywall, insulation or even carpet. We want to ensure you that our professional team will have your home fully restored after any flooding or water damage received.
Expert Flood Clean Up & Water Extraction in Buda
With any water damage restoration job, the first step is for us to quickly assess the situation and immediately start to extract any sitting water. Water that is left sitting can not only cause more damage to your property but also lead to the growth of mold. Our team of water extraction technicians use state-of-the-art equipment which is built to remove the water, even from below the surface. This method is proven to be the most effective and reduce the likelihood of mold growth when it is performed quickly.
Read our blog about how to prevent water damage:
How to Prevent Water Damage
What is our Water Damage Restoration Process?
Once we have removed any sitting water from your property, we can start reversing any harm which was done. Our water damage restoration technicians are water removal experts & will work to salvage any belongings and property which were damaged.
This may include the destruction of:
- Electrical equipment
- Printed materials
- Sentimental belongings
We cannot over-stress the importance of acting quickly in the event of water damage, especially when the situation is an emergency matter. Sometimes water damage is something obvious like a flood after a storm or a broken pipe that fills your basement with water. Other times, you may have seen small signs of water damage that may indicate a structural issue, like a small drip or a smell of mildew. Whatever the case may be, our Buda water damage restoration team is ready to help.
Does My Homeowners Insurance Cover Water Damage?
In certain situations, water damage restoration claims may be covered by your homeowners insurance policy. Most standard homeowners insurance policies provide protection from water damage that is sudden and accidental, such as damage resulting from a burst pipe, ruptured water heater, or other plumbing disaster.
Types of water damage not typically covered by homeowners insurance include:
- Gradual damage from unresolved maintenance
- Water backup from outdoor sewers or drains
- Water heater issues, pipe bursts, tub or sink overflows
- Flooding from storms or overflowing bodies of water
How Long Does Water Damage Cleanup Take?
The length of time needed to restore your home or business following a flood will vary depending on the extent of the damage. Our water damage restoration process will typically involve two phases: mitigation and repair. The first phase, known as mitigation, involves demolishing structural damage and drying out the affected area and belongings.
This can sometimes be completed in about four days of drying, sometimes much longer, depending on the affected materials and extend of damage. Subsequent repairs can take an additional few days to a couple of weeks depending on the lead time of required materials, such as carpeting, flooring, and cabinets. Our team of Buda water damage restoration experts at W.B. Arthur will work closely with you and your insurance company to determine a timeline so that your property is brought back to normal in as little time as possible.
Please call W.B. Arthur today at (512) 866-8744 to request a free estimate or to request 24/7 emergency service.